The increased longevity happening all over the world means we are likely to live longer than our parents and grandparents.
According to the United Nations, the world’s population age structure will continue to shift due to increasing life expectancy and decreasing levels of fertility. The global number of older persons is expected to more than double over the next three decades, reaching over 1.5 billion in 2050.
As one of the countries with a rapidly increasing aging population, especially this 2022, Thailand is now becoming an ‘aging’ society and will likely become a ‘super-aging society’ by 2031. To better meet the needs and provide services to the nation’s aging society, experts from various fields at Chulalongkorn University have conducted research to produce and develop innovations for the elderly.
To read more about Chula’s innovations that support healthy aging, follow the links below:
– Chula Dementia Day Center Can Help You Prepare for Old Age with a Clear Mind and Away from Alzheimer’s
– DeepGI AI – A Thai Innovation for the Precision in Colorectal Polyp Detection
– “Intestinal Microflora” as Health Indicator, A National-level Research Project by Chula Doctors in Response to Problems of an Aging Society
– Chula Launches PDPlus Application to Monitor Symptoms in Parkinson’s Patients for a Better Quality of Life
– A Success for Thai Medical Doctors! Producing Hip Prosthesis for the First Time – Enabling the Aged to Walk Again and Enjoy a Better Quality of Life
– Chula Medical Breakthrough! RED-GEM Molecules to Reverse Aging
– How to Sleep to Ensure Good Health – The Excellence Center for Sleep Disorders (Nidra Vej Center) Has the Answers
– Continuing Education, Skills Enhancement, and Self-Reliance: Essential Ingredients for an Aging Society
– Chula Ari, an Innovation Driving the Model Society to Support the Thai Aging Community