Fayyaz Imran bin Mohd Setia, a final year student of Intelligent System Engineering, Faculty of Computer & Mathematical Sciences, (FSKM) Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia was one of 200 successful candidates from 20,000 applicants around the world, to be selected for a 10-week full scholarship programme known as METI Japan Government Internship 2019. The internship programme was hosted by Gravity Corporation Ltd from 1 September 2019 to 12 November 2019. For further details on the programme, please refer to the official website: https://internshipprogram.go.jp/english/.
During the internship, Fayyaz’s main responsibilities were:
- Formulating goals of an internship plan with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation
- Engaging in a full-time internship during the designated period
- Taking responsibility for his safety and health thoroughly
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the programme office
- Appropriate behaviour required as a recipient of public funds from the Japanese government.
This programme offered many advantages such as
- Knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business
- Changing mind through working with foreigners and experience cross-cultural communication
- Constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing Highly-skilled foreign professionals.
Throughout the programme, Fayyaz gained various financial benefits such as allowance for living expenses, round-trip economy class air ticket, including travel insurance, internship insurance and transportation and accommodation expenses associated with the training programme.
“Reconnect your World Beyond Boundaries”
Prepared by: Dr. Siti Meriam Zahari, UiTM
Edited by: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Geetha Subramaniam, Fellow, InQKA, UiTM