National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT), Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation (MHESI), held the “Assembly of Thai Researchers to Prevent Corona virus” conference. There were TU’s professors and researchers participating. In the conference, they announced a research fund to solve this urgent problem for the 2020 annual budget.
Prof Ph.D. Sirirurg Songsivilai, Secretary-General of the National Research Council of Thailand and served as a director of the National Research Council of Thailand, leads the “Assembly of Thai Researchers to Prevent Coronavirus” conference. The conference was held on 1st February 2020 at the National Research Council of Thailand. The aim is to exchange and listen to the proposal on Coronavirus research in order to provide funds for this urgent problem for the 2020 annual budget for these issues
- Genetic and biological studies in order to understand and follow the change of the virus.
- Mathematical model of study and development in order to understand the spread of the virus, cope with the epidemics, and the outbreak
- Diagnosis and examination development that is accurate, fast and up-to-date.
- Analytic research of the situation that is fast, accurate and up-to-date in order to understand molecular epidemiology and follow the progression of mutation and the spread of the disease.
- Medicine and vaccine research in order to control and prevent the disease promptly.
- Research on other fields according to the changing situation in which the research result is concrete and useful.